[Tinyos-help] how to send the data through blip

Markus Becker mab at comnets.uni-bremen.de
Tue May 31 01:05:43 PDT 2011

Hi Eric.

> What pray tell is CoapBlip?

It is an IETF CoAP implementation for TinyOS based on blip-1.0 (currently) and
libcoap (http://sourceforge.net/projects/libcoap/).

> Do you have a pointer to it?

http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/CoAP
http://hinrg.cs.jhu.edu/ip+sn2011/
Koojana Kuladinithi, Olaf Bergmann, Thomas Pötsch, Markus Becker and Carmelita
Görg. Implementation of CoAP and its Application in Transport Logistics.

At the moment, it is maintained out of tree in our git repository. We are
working with net2 to integrate it.

> Why are you saying it is better than Blip?
It 'just' adds an IETF CoAP implementation on top of blip. We certainly would
like to have users testing it. Installation instructions are at the TinyOS
wiki, they might change because of the integration in the near future.

BR,
Markus