[Tinyos-help] FTSP beginners question

invoices spamzeugnews at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:24:08 PST 2010

Hello,
I've just started to read about timesynchronisation, there I came to know
that there exists an implementation in tinyOS.

I've got a question to it. Does the algorithm changes the localClock of the
mote?
Or does the implementation in tinyOS just maintain an estitmation of the
global clock. You can get an estimation of the globalTime based one the
linearregression and the timestamps received, but your own clock keeps it's
value?

Why does the timeSyncMsg contain a variable nx_uint32_t 	localTime;
Is this the actual time, when a receiver receives the estimation of the
globaltime from the sender?

I hope you can help understanding the implementation.

Thanks in advance