[Tinyos-help] Compilation for TOSSIM extremely slow in Cygwin

Azad azad at deeds.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Nov 25 23:57:39 PST 2010

Hi,

I am using Tinyos 2.0.1 through Cygwin in windows 7 on a dual core
processor machine with 4GB of RAM. Whenever I am compiling any
application for simulation (make micaz sim) it takes more than 5 minutes
to complete. Otherwise (for other platforms, e.g., make micaz), its very
fast and completes almost immediately. But for TOSSIM it completes all
the processing, executes the following command

g++ -fpic -W1,--enabled-auto-image-base   simbuild/micaz/pytossim.o
simbuild/mic
az/sim.o simbuild/micaz/tossim.o simbuild/micaz/c-support.o -shared
-L/usr/lib/p
ython2.5/config -L//usr/include/python2.5/config -lstdc++ -lpython2.5 -o
_TOSSIM
.dll

and then hangs up seemingly doing nothing - the processor activity is
also not noticeable! However, if I compile the same program in Ubuntu
running in virtual machine. It is very fast both for TOSSIM and other
platforms.

Can anyone please explain what could be the problem and how could I
solve it?

Regards,
Azad