[Tinyos-help] 802.15.4

Jan Hauer hauer at tkn.tu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 23 02:06:30 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Pablo Marcos
<pablo.marcos.oltra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> About the TKN154_DEBUG mode, I couldn't get the coordinator compiled
> correctly because of the lack of memory in some tests. I someone faces the
> same problem, should try the -Os option to optimize the code and add as well
> these few lines to disable in the coordinator some functionalities:
> CFLAGS += -I$(shell pwd)/.. \
> -DIEEE154_SCAN_DISABLED \
> -DIEEE154_BEACON_SYNC_DISABLED \
> -DIEEE154_PROMISCUOUS_MODE_DISABLED \
> This way, there is no error compiling in debug mode. Anyway, does anyone
> know how to print using the dbg_serial the TKN has implemented without
> having the default printfs the TKN is showing?

When TKN154_DEBUG is defined you can also use printf("...") to output
your debug info over serial, but keep in mind that you should be in
sync context (in async command/event handlers you can use
tkn154_dbg_serial(), see tos/lib/mac/tkn154/TKN154_MAC.h line 289). If
you only want your own debug messages, then don't define TKN154_DEBUG,
instead use printf library as described in the tutorial
(http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/The_TinyOS_printf_Library). To
disable / remove all your debug printf-statements later you can do
something like this:

#define printf(...)