[Tinyos-help] obtaining ctp experiment results

Omprakash Gnawali gnawali at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Nov 21 19:11:56 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Nicole Chiesi <nicole.chiesi at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> I am trying to do the similar experiment as done as mentioned here
> http://sing.stanford.edu/gnawali/ctp/ctp-sensys-data.html . Basically I want
> to get and analyse the figures given in index.html file of the experiment.
>

> It feels that the experiment data given there is just some excerpts of the
> experiment .
> How are these calculations made?
>
> #node total_sent uniq_rcv success_rate total_rcv repeated_rcv (frac)
> repeated_rcvthl (frac) minseq maxseq
>

> from the experimental data given there.
>
> I was able to set up the experiment and run the experiment but I have no
> idea how I can come to these results.

First you need to get the log files from your testbed experiments. Did
you get the logs? The assumption is you have one log file per node.

Then you need to run a series of Perl scripts on the logs. You need a
few custom Perl libraries and neato to produce the result you see.
Because of these dependencies, I haven't posted all those Perl scripts
because it most likely won't work on other systems. But here is how
you can proceed:

1. Run the parse-ctplogs.pl script on the log files.
2. Do statistics on the output from step 1.

For example, if you want to compute delivery ratio for a specific
node, you can keep track of sequence numbers received from that node
and compute the delivery ratio. If you want to compute churn, you can
count the number of times beacons was sent. All these log messages are
parsed with parse-ctplogs.pl.

Feel free to ask questions as you get going.

- om_p