[Tinyos-help] CdSe photocell lux

Davide Pusceddu @ CIT davide.pusceddu at mycit.ie
Thu Nov 18 10:59:51 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm collecting light data using MDA100 and MTS300 sensor boards on IRIS.

Both boards have CdSe photocell (max at 690nm). As far as I know there
is no formula to convert the ADC value to lux and I'm wondering if
somebody of you have a look up table to match ADC value with lux.

I want to control artificial lights in the office with the light
measurement from the sensor so I'm trying to understand when is dark
and when is not necessary to turn on the artificial light.

Thanks

Davide