[Tinyos-help] CTP not reporting NET_C_FE_DST_MSG and NET_C_TREE_RCV_BEACON

Philip Levis pal at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 17 18:42:54 PST 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 6:38 PM, Morten Tranberg Hansen wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Philip Levis <pal at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Why is the current logic for receive() dependent on the application?
>

> The application would either have to send the NET_C_FE_DST_MSG event through the CollectionDebug interface or report the reception of a data packet in some other way.  With the first choice a processing script for collection debug messages would only need to worry about the predefined collection debug message types, and not some arbitrary data message.

I guess this is why I'm confused. If a root node receives a packet for forwarding, it signals reception. Therefore, if a root node receives a packet for forwarding, you implicitly know it signaled receive(). In terms of the log, you'd always see the two paired together, and so the latter is redundant. Or is there a case I'm missing?

Phil