[Tinyos-help] Sending characters from Java appln to Mote

Venkat v.venkatasubramanian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 23:35:29 PST 2010

Hi,
 I am running a java GUI application on my pc to send packets ( random
integer) to the mote via serial port. I was just wondering how to send
characters over the serial port to the mote? I modified the testserial.java
application for my GUI. However, the Testserial.java has method to send only
integers over the serial port. It doesnt have a method call for sending
arrays. I was thinking if i cud convert the characters into hex and send it.
but, still, if i want to send a string, it will again be an array of
integers.  I am quite new to tinyos and nesc programming. Could some one
help me with this ?

Thanks,
Venkat