[Tinyos-help] MSP430 Increasing clock speed (MCLK)

"José A. Tarifa" jostargal at alum.us.es
Tue Nov 16 04:01:51 PST 2010

Hi!
I'm using Tmote Sky (TelosB) for an application. I'd like to increase
the main clock frequency (from 4MHz -> 8MHz). I've tried to change some
files, like "MoteClockP"... but it doesn't work!
I've discovered a solution, which is provided by "rincon":
http://tinyos.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tinyos/tinyos-2.x-contrib/rincon/tos/chips/msp430/fastspi/
I've used it with these flags:   ENABLE_SPI0_DMA: yes;   HAVE_ROSC_P2_5:
no;  FAST_SMCLK: no.
With that configuration, the clock must work at 8MHz ¿? All peripherals
work except the UART (I'm using "printf" library). I get "bad packet",
"packet too long"... messages in Cygwin. I've tried all options... but
transmit messages through the USB port doesn't work. I suppose the UART
speed is too fast... but in "TelosSerialP" file the UART configuration
seems correct.
Anybody has used this component?

Thanks!

--