[Tinyos-help] How to know how much energy the CC2420 is using

Pablo Marcos Oltra pablo.marcos.oltra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:45:42 PST 2010

Hi all,

I would like to know how much energy my node is consuming. In order to do
that, I was planning on measuring how much time the CC2420 is in each mode
(sleep, idle, tx or rx) and know how much energy is using by knowing the
time it is in each mode and the data from its datasheet.

Is that even possible? I mean, where could I collect that data? I imagine
from the driver in $TOSROOT/chips/cc2420, but I have been reading files for
a while and I have not been able to find something useful so that I could
get the time from higher layers.

Any ideas are very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
  Pablo