[Tinyos-help] porting tinyos2.x to atmega128-based board(bigAVR6) /timer0 - issue

Harald Glanzer harald.glanzer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:13:42 PST 2010

hi,

at first, deactivate async - mode in
tos/chips/atm128/timer/HplAtm128Timer0AsyncP.nc

async command void TimerAsync.setTimer0Asynchronous()
 {
   //ASSR |= 1 << AS0;
   ASSR &= 1 << AS0;
  }

after that, it seems that switching to cpu-clk causes a problem with
the sleep-mode.
so i changed McuSleepC.nc(same directory) / getPowerState() so that it
always returns

ATM128_POWER_IDLE

i think thats it.

i also changed something in platforms/mica/MeasureClock.nc - but i'm
not sure if that's really necessary:
there are 2 lines

while (TCNT0 == now) ;

be aware that your counter should now be firing with a much greater
frequency than it would do with the external clock -
so if you are using a periodic timer for toggling a led for example,
it could *look* like there's no change...

good luck & keep me updated,
harri