[Tinyos-help] Current MAC protocol in RF230

Miklos Maroti mmaroti at math.u-szeged.hu
Thu Nov 11 06:51:52 PST 2010

Hi Francesco,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Francesco Ficarola
<francesco.ficarola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Miklos Maroti ha scritto:
>> I do not know what resolution you are using. It definitely retransmits
>> the same packet over and over and in fact it uses some random backoffs
>> of the order of up to 2 ms. This is the default LPL mode.
>
> In my app I used LowPowerListening interface and I connected it to the
> RF230ActiveMessageC. Is this a simple LPL? Not BoX-MAC-2? If that is a
> simple LPL, to implement BoX-MAC-2 what is the right interface and
> component?

I have no idea about the naming. You have to use the LPL interface and
you have to enable it by defining LOW_POWER_LISTENING. This is how you
get that behaviour what I have wrote (which I think is Box-MAC-2). You
can either use RF230ActiveMessageC or just ActiveMessageC (both
presents the same interfaces).

> However, the oscilloscope resolution in that case was 100ms/DIV.

You need much better. Can you record one with 0.1 ms resolution?

Miklos