[Tinyos-help] Intercept Mesg

Yong, Chee Yeew Chee-Yeew.Yong at thalesgroup.com
Thu Nov 11 04:38:42 PST 2010

Looking at the structs that you are using, I am guessing you are using
Moteworks version of tinyos-1.x.
I'm slightly rusty now having not used Moteworks for a while, so this is to
the best of my recollection:

1) If you choose to continue forwarding your message, it will be unicast
'towards' the base station. The underlying MAC is broadcast, though, so this
is something you can exploit. I strongly encourage you to read sections
5.2.2 and 5.2.3 of the XMesh manual (its only 2 pages long!).

2) As you state, ReceiveMsg is an _interface_, so depending on what it is
wired to....

3) Not sure what you mean. Its better to state what you want to achieve.

4) There's no context, so I don't know which one is correct (that's
essentially what you are interested in). I usually use the latter format to
fill an outgoing message.

5? )  Use MODE_ONE_HOP_BROADCAST. You need section 5.2.1 of the XMesh
manual.