[Tinyos-help] Unable to specify device ID

Urs Hunkeler urs.hunkeler at epfl.ch
Fri Nov 5 23:50:27 PDT 2010

Hi Magnus,

Internally, the program is always compiled first with nodeID set to 1.
In a second step the compiled ELF binary is analyzed, the position of
the variable definition is extracted and the binary is then modified.
After that the binary is converted to the Intel HEX format, which is
then used to program the mote. It looks like the modification of the
binary does not work (maybe a tool is missing?). Could you install the
program on a mote and send us the exact output of the command (so we can
see warning or error messages)? Also what type of motes do you use?

Cheers,
Urs