[Tinyos-help] Problem with MoteView 2.0

Anubhav Rath anubhav.rath at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:37:57 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I am a new to this forum as well as to world of WSN.
I am using a MIB520 gateway, MDA100 Sensor Board and MicaZ motes to set up a
WSN.

Using MoteConfig, I was able to configure all the motes, even Over-The-Air,
i.e. through the base station. So all my motes now show a Ready Status
signal.
The problem arises when i start MoteView 2.0. I can establish a Local WSN.
The motes health status IS UPDATED every 5 minutes, as required.
Only LIVE data is NOT being received.
The COM3 and COM4 ports are being used by the system. Since MoteView Manual
asked for the higher port, I have specified it as COM4.
All the entry logs "INSERT into....."  appear in the Server Messages Tab and
the Error Message "

MV : 11/5/2010 11:34:22 PM]

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at XBow.lib.XSocketBase.Open(String host, Int32 port) "

appear every 10 minutes or so.

I am not able to find the source of the error. A Google search let me to
know that this is normally caused by ASP.NET bugs. But, reading on more, I
became unsure of it.

Could anyone help me out here ?

Thanking you a lot.
Anubhav