[Tinyos-help] Problems with TinyOS install on Ubuntu 10.10

Eric Decker cire831 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:31:06 PDT 2010

I don't think moving to the maverick set of repos will fix this.  The repos
have been moved forward from one release to another without any additional
work.

So if there is a maverick repo set it will probably have the same problem.

So given that....

This is a collision between repos.  You already have binutils-avr, gcc-avr,
and avrdude installed.  So when you try to install avr-binutils-tinyos,
avr-gcc-tinyos, and avrdude-tinyos there is a conflict.

The problem with the stuff in the tinyos repos is it is old hasn't been
updated in a while.

You could remove the already installed binutils-avr, gcc-avr, and avrdude.
Then install the tinyos repos.

Then I think you can upgrade the packages using the binutils-avr, gcc-avr,
and avrdude from the net.

If that doesn't work you can force the overwrite using dpkg -i
--force-overwrite <...deb>

You will need the .deb file from the net.

eric

--
Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher