[Tinyos-help] Disable 51-Pin Connector

Francesco Ficarola francesco.ficarola at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:56:41 PDT 2010

Francesco Ficarola ha scritto:
>> AFAIK there are a few mostly useless sensors, temp, light, sound
>> on that board. If you are not using those but are connecting to
>> some external devices maybe you can just eliminate the board
>> and connect directly to the 51-pin I/O. I have a design for
>> a "break-out-board" here: http://www.etantdonnes.com/Motes/MicaBOB/
>> Unfortunately I don't have, nor plan to make, any more so you'll
>> have to fab them yourself if this is what you really need.
>
> Yeah! That board would be perfect. I must only read ADC, but I have this
> hardware (mib520 + iris mote + mda300ca) because I have been given by
> the university.
>
> Thank you,

I found the Hirose DF9 connector and I made my first break-out board.
Now, without MDA300CA sensorboard and with break-out board, the power
consumption of the IRIS mote is zero during the sleep period. :)

Thank you very much!!!

Greetings,
--
Francesco Ficarola <francesco.ficarola_at_gmail_dot_com>
Presidente LUG-PV (http://lugpv.netsons.org)