[Tinyos-help] Broken Java SDK in Cygwin RPM

Romain Bornet bornet.romain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 01:46:42 PDT 2010

Hi Michael, hi all,

>> Are you sure your CLASSPATH is correct?
Yes I am sure it is set correctly. The tinyos.jar is found but there are
simply missing classes in the .jar archive in the current Cygwin RPM.

I compared the content (with *jar -tf tinyos.jar*) of the jars contained in
the tinyos-tools RPMs for Ubuntu and Cygwin linked on the install page (
http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Installing_TinyOS_2.1.1#Step_4:_Install_TinyOS_toolchain)
and can definitely confirm that some classes are missing in the Cygwin RPM
compared to the Ubuntu RPM.

Dumps of the contents are attached as references.

I now switched to the install process from sources and (almost) everything
went smooth. I compiled the tinyos.jar myself and it contains all necessary
Java classes.

It would be nice if a RPM repository maintainer could upload a new Cygwin
RPM.

Thanks all and see you
    Romain