[Tinyos-help] how to distinguish between packets received at base station

Michael Schippling schip at santafe.edu
Tue Nov 2 09:31:29 PDT 2010

The received RSSI value is not sent over the serial connection
between a base-station and the host. You will need to modify
the base-station code to extract the rssi from the message trailer
and insert it into the message body before it forwards the message.

Long ago I remember some discussion of this on this list so you might
get some pointers by searching for rssi base-station TOSBase etc...

BTW, rssi is not a good indicator of distance. Searching for "rssi
location" might get some papers to read. If your base-stations
have directional antennas they might do better at location using
triangulation.

MS