[Tinyos-help] Synchronous LPL or Synchronous Duty Cycling MAC

Paul Joonhwa Shin paulshin at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 2 08:12:07 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I have developed a synchronous LPL protocol based on the current LPL
protocol in TinyOS 2.1.  It is working fine in a network of several
Imote2 nodes.

My implementation of a synchronous LPL protocol can be thought of as
SMAC with CCA support as in BMAC.

Since I haven't seen any synchronous MAC protocol implementation in
TinyOS 2.x, I am wondering if there's any issues that I may not
recognize. Is there anybody who worked on a synchronous MAC protocol
implementation on TinyOS 2.x?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul  J.  Shin    (Joonhwa Shin)
Graduate Research Assistant
Robot Vision Lab
Purdue University
"Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and
those who lead many to righteousness like the stars for ever and ever."
   -  DAN 12:3