[Tinyos-help] wireless communication speed

Miklos Maroti mmaroti at math.u-szeged.hu
Wed Feb 25 12:52:01 PST 2009

Hi Andrey,

> But regarding ACKs. There are some statistics for default MAC with 2
> motes (only the first mote sends):
> ACK default: 160 packets/s
> noAck:       160
> requestAck:  145
> So the ACKs seem to be off by default. And ACKs cost almost nothing at
> all. Could it be possible?

Yes, I have checked the code and the NOACK is the default. The ACK
does not take too much time (no backoff, just reply), so it is quite
possible that you do not see too much drop in the data rate. You could
check if the packets were really acknowledged, that would be also a
good data point (so the acks really got delivered).

Miklos