[Tinyos-help] wireless communication speed

Andrey Gursky andrey.gursky at online.ua
Tue Feb 24 01:33:32 PST 2009

Miklos Maroti wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
>> And may be you know the actual state about enabling blip (b6lowpan) on IRIS?
>
> Unfortunately no. Can you give some pointers?

There was one conversation between you and Steve (blip developer):
https://www.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-devel/2008-July/003259.html

>> By the way, I'm trying to implement the dynamical channel switch (e.g. for
>> quickly RSSI tests) per command through uart, so that I must not reflash
>> each time 2 or more motes. Now I have to carefully manage a variable, that
>> saves the current channel assignment. I cannot find any function in rf230
>> stack to get the current channel. Is it hard to implement one?
>
> Use the RadioConfig interface. You do not need to power down the MAC,
> but if it is currently busy (TX or RX) then the setChannel command
> will return EBUSY and you need to retry later.

Yes, thanks to the fact, you've recently added the RadioConfig interface
I should be able to switch the channel (I'm testing it now), but this
interface lacks something like a getChannel() function.

Andrey