[Tinyos-help] 4 bit Link Estimator.

Omprakash Gnawali gnawali at usc.edu
Thu Feb 19 09:11:40 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Onur Ergin <ergin at tkn.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hello Mr Gnawali,
> I am doing some implementation on CTP and I would be happy if you could give
> me some advise on 4bitle implementation of yours.
> I'm trying to retrieve link quality values from the 4bitle implementation
> inside CTP. I running it among 3 tmote sky nodes (call them A,B and C). I
> forward the link quality values to the serial from A, and the estimations of
> links from A to B and C are always fixed and they don't change. In each try,
> those values are fixed to some numbers between 8 and 25 (most seen is 12),
> which are returned from getLinkQuality command.
> Even though I move the nodes around the estimations stay constant and even
> when they are next to each other, they give different values (like 12 and
> 18)..
> I would like to know if you can comment on what is possibly going wrong. The
> implementation is of v1.9, 2008/09/27.

I would first make sure CTP is able to deliver packets to the sink.
The easiest way to do that is by running TestNetwork application. If
the sink receives packets from both the nodes, then we know there are
good links between the nodes. At that point, we can look at the return
value of getLinkQuality.

- om_p