[Tinyos-help] Programmer not responding error

Ranjani Nagarajan ranjani.nagarajan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:33:57 PST 2009

Hi there,

I am working on Mica2 sensors and for the past two days, I have been getting
the "Programmer not responding error" when I try to program the motes. I
have tried changing the batteries in the power supply, tried reconnecting
the mote and the serial cable several times (applied a lot of pressure so
that it is tight), restarting my system but nothing seems to help. I have
tried  deploying several times but every time I get the same error.
Sometimes the error happens right after the uisp statement and some other
times I get it after the "Uploading: flash" statement. I have pasted the
output in both cases below. Any suggestions to resolve this problem will be
very much appreciated!

tos-set-symbols build/mica2/main.srec build/mica2/main.srec.out-2 2
    installing mica2 binary using mib510
uisp -dprog=mib510 -dserial=/dev/ttyS0 --wr_fuse_h=0xd8 -dpart=ATmega128
--wr_fuse_e=ff  --erase --upload if=build/mica2/main.srec.out-2
Programmer is not responding.
make: *** [program] Error 2

tos-set-symbols build/mica2/main.srec build/mica2/main.srec.out-2 2
    installing mica2 binary using mib510
uisp -dprog=mib510 -dserial=/dev/ttyS0 --wr_fuse_h=0xd8 -dpart=ATmega128
--wr_fuse_e=ff  --erase --upload if=build/mica2/main.srec.out-2
Firmware Version: 2.1
Atmel AVR ATmega128 is found.
Uploading: flash
Programmer is not responding.