[Tinyos-help] Deluge T2 problem on a NEW platform

Razvan Musaloiu-E. razvanm at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Feb 13 12:40:48 PST 2009

Hi!

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Mehmet Akif Antepli wrote:

> Hello  Razvan,
>
> Besides TelosB and MICAz, I have some custom motes called 'Sensenode'.
> Actually, it is completely the same as TelosB but has an extra sensor board
> on it. (Sensenode has the same MCU, Flash, Radio... with that of TelosB).
>
> When i load a program image which is build for TelosB into Sensenode, it
> works as well.

Quick question: for Sensenode do you upload the image doing 'make telosb
install'?

> Now, I want to use Deluge T2 for 'Sensenode' as i can use it for TelosB and
> MICAz motes.
>
> First of all, i tried to load some images into the flash of 'Sensenode' and
> then reprogram it from  those images. i took the following steps;
>
> 1-) Build GoldenImage with the following command;
>
>     CFLAGS=-DDELUGE_BASESTATION make telosb
>
> and then load the image into 'Sensenode'.

Note: if you run the latest CVS (highly recommended :D) you should use the
apps/tests/deluge/Basestation.

> 2-) Build /op/tinyos-2.1.0/apps/tests/deluge/Blink with the following
> command;
>
>    make Telosb
>
> 3-) Inject Blink application image into the  flash of 'Sensenode' with the
> following command:
>
> /usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -i 1
> /opt/tinyos-2.1.0/apps/tests/deluge/Blink/build/telosb/tos_image.xml
>
> 4-) Ping  'Sensenode' with the following command:
>
>     tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -p 1
>
> and i see that 'Sensenode' is loaded with  GoldenImage and Blink application
> image is on its flash as the 1st image.
>
> 5-) reprogram 'Sensenode' with the following command:
>
>     tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -r 1
>
> *Then nothing happens on the 'Sensenode'! *
> **
> *Before those steps; in order to make sure that 'Sensenode' could run
> /opt/tinyos-2.1.0/apps/tests/deluge/Blink application, i loaded it into
> 'Sensenode' (after building for TelosB) and i saw that the mote blinks!*
> **
> *There seems a problem with the flash but i could'nt figure it out.*
> **
> *i checked hardware.h files for both platforms ('Sensenode' and TelosB) but
> everything is the same.*
> **
> *i also checked * *the files and folders under
> /opt/tinyos-2.1.0/tos/lib/net/deluge, i found that 5 or 6 files are
> dependent on TelosB platform but as far as i saw, those files are related to
> baud rate and flash specs which is the same for 'Sensenode'.*
> **
> *Actually, i want to ask which files should i check for compatible operation
> of flah on the 'Sensenode' with the one on the TelosB. What could be the
> difference? Which does Deluge T2 need for TelosB in terms of flash so that i
> can check for them for 'Sensenode'?*
> **
> *Any suggestions?*

I think the problem might be in the tosboot (tos/lib/tosboot). There there
is some code that is responsible with reading stuff the external flash and
write it on the internal one. The code responsible with this is in
tos/lib/tosboot/stm25p for telos. The main component for tosboot is
TOSBootM.nc. I usually debug it using the leds.

All the best!
Razvan ME