[Tinyos-help] wireless communication speed

Agnelo Silva agnelors at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 10:16:09 PST 2009

I have a similar scenario happening with me (MICA2 mote and TinyOS 1.x).
I developed a software that permits different configurations for the
experiments (total number of bytes per packet and timeout between the
transmission of each packet are some of the parameters).

Even with timeout equals zero in the software, the hardware/software "added"
more than 100ms between each transmitted packet. The best situation would
happen if I have bigger packets, but almost 50-byte packets is the usual
case for WSNs.

The community here can talk similar cases for different platforms.

Agnelo Rocha da Silva
University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL)