[Tinyos-help] RadioTimeStamping Interface

Ittipong Khemapech ik.tinyos at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 5 02:31:14 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm studying RadioTimeStamping interface. I've found that the
CC2420Transmit.modify() can be used to put the current time when the SFD is
received or transmitted. The modify command takes 3 attributes as shown
below:

  /**
   * Modify the contents of a packet. This command can only be used
   * when an SFD capture event for the sending packet is signalled.
   *
   * @param offset in the message to start modifying.
   * @param buf to data to write
   * @param len of bytes to write
   * @return SUCCESS if the request was accepted, FAIL otherwise.
   */
  async command error_t modify( uint8_t offset, uint8_t* buf, uint8_t len );

 }

I'm wondering if I need to get the local time (by calling LocalTime.get())
and used it as the 2nd attribute.

Thanks,
Ittipong