[Tinyos-help] To send large payload in the TestSerial.

João Paulo Amaro da Costa Luz Carneiro jcarneiro at netcabo.pt
Tue Feb 3 07:09:19 PST 2009

Hi,

I also made some tests a few months ago with an IRIS mote, stressing
the packet size and periodicity of tranmission. The conclusion is
quite obvious: larger packets = higher data loss (with the same
transmission period).
I tested several combinations of packet sizes and time periods but
sending 114Bytes:
- every 250ms between 2 motes installed with 4 meters of distance
between them, I get 100% PRR (receive every packet sent) during a 15
minutes period
- every 250ms between 3 motes installed with 4 meters of distance
between them (forming a triangle), I get at least 20% of packet lost
during a 60 minutes period

Anyway with a payload of 114 and sending every 250ms you would only
get 456Bytes (assuming you could get 100% receive rate), which is far
from your objective.

Regards,

Joao