[Tinyos-help] "nescc1 internal error : couldn't define builtin macros" on powerpc macosx

Razvan Musaloiu-E. razvanm at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Feb 2 16:24:24 PST 2009

Hi!

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, francesco foresti wrote:

> Alle lunedì 2 febbraio 2009, hai scritto:
>> Not sure, but nescc sometimes produces wierd errors like this if a
>> configuration or module has a different name from the file it's in.  IE, if
>> there was a file FooC.nc which contains 'configuration Foo' (not 'FooC').
>> Any chance this is the case?
>>
>> Steve
>>

> I can't be 100% sure as i'm a tinyOS newbie, but i was trinyg to build the
> Blink example application shipped with tinyos, which is hardly the cause of
> the problem.
> Anyway, the file BlinkC.nc has a module called BlinkC inside, while the other
> (BlinkAppC.nc) says "configuration BlinkAppC".

Can you try the macports from here:
 	http://hinrg.cs.jhu.edu/git/?p=ports.git

They follow the build procedure from deb packages. I tested them on
MacOS X 10.5 (leopard) on both G4 and Intel and it compiles without errors
the Blink for iris. You can grad the binaries for G4 from here:
 	http://cs.jhu.edu/~razvanm/ports/powerpc/

If it doesn't work please let me know. :-)

--
Razvan ME