[Tinyos-help] Over-the-Air-Programming

Giri Baleri mbaleri at xbow.com
Thu Feb 28 08:26:48 PST 2008

If you are not able to receive any kind of messages from the
network/base station, I suspect the issue is with the USB-Serial adapter
you have. We have seen scenarios where you can program the Mote
successfully,but can't read the data. Not all USB-Serial adapters work
reliably with different PC makes and OS.
I would suggest stick to MIB520 board. You should have 2 COM ports
assigned to this. Use the lower COM port for Mote programming and higher
one for data reading.
With MIB520 first make sure that you can see heartbeat messages from the
base Mote and data messages from your Remote Motes. Then proceed with
OTAP operation using Remote tab of the MoteConfig.

Good luck,
Giri