[Tinyos-help] high-voltage programming a mote - anyone here done this before?

Murray, Ben Ben.Murray at thalesgroup.com
Thu Feb 28 04:39:04 PST 2008

Hi

Has anyone here any experience with using "high-voltage programming" to
rescue a mote. Preferrably a mica/2/z mote?

I managed to set the fuses on a MICAz such that the mote is not responding
to either JTAG nor (u)ISP commands. I have contacted atmel who said that I
could recover the atmega128 chip through the use of "high-voltage
programming". I've scanned over the relevant atmel datasheets but am unsure
as to how the conections should be made between the programming device and
the mote/programmig board (for e.g. where/how do I access the "reset" pin on
the micaz through which this HV programming supposedly occurs? It all sounds
a little daunting - I have been told to call over the others in the office
so if it goes up in smoke there's an audience to enjoy it :)

I have available to me so far:
AVR ICE mkII jtag emulator pod
AVR stk500 development board

Many Thanks!
Ben

the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may not be divulged to
any third party without the express permission of the originator.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Thales Research & Technology
(UK) Limited.