[Tinyos-help] MicaZ energy model

Enrico Perla perlae at tcd.ie
Thu Feb 28 04:27:26 PST 2008

Hi Jose,
   currently there is no PowerTOSSIM support for the MicaZ in TinyOS 2.x. We
(me and another guy here) are currently working on it for a school project
and we have ported the major parts of it to TOSSIM 2 (radio, mcu, flash,
...).
The major difference is the radio model (MICAz uses CC2420, MICA2 uses
CC1000) and we took the energy model values for the radio model from the
CC2420 datasheets.

You can take all the other values for the energy model from the MICAz
datasheets, too.

Actually we are working on porting the TOSSIM code into handling low power
state for the MCU (basically the register emulation exists but is never used
inside TOSSIM).

We have no solution yet for different sending power, since we have been
using, so far, the TOSSIM radio model, which keeps the db value always to 0.
If anyone has any suggestion (apart of porting more than the CC2420 module..
probably the best solution to implement LPL tracking too), that would be
great

Cheers

           -  Enrico