[Tinyos-help] Re: Temperature Reading from Oscilloscope

Kevin Klues klueska at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:47:06 PST 2008

I'm not sure whether the existing Sensiron drivers work out of the box
for the tmote invent platform or not.  How are you currently compiling
for the tmote invent?  Are you simply doing a 'make tmote' and then
installing it on the invent?  There may be some pin differences or
something that I'm not aware of as I've never personally worked with
the invents at all.

What we need is someone to sit down go through the old boomerang code
and create a tmoteinvent platform for tinyos-2.x.  SHouldn't be too
dificult, just a matter fo finding the time to do it.

Kevin

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Ittipong Khemapech
<ik.tinyos at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After being through the code in OscilloscopeC.nc, I've found that 65535 is
> set by the Read.readDone() event in case of unsuccessful data read.
>
> My current guess in that I might not activate the temp sensor correctly.
>
> Please give me some suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Ittipong
>
> PS
>
> I also change OscilloscopeC.Read -> Sensor to OscilloscopeC.Read ->
> TSensor.Temperature
>

> On 26/02/2008, Ittipong Khemapech <ik.tinyos at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have modified the Oscilloscope to get only temperature reading. In the
> configuration of OscilloscopeAppC, I put
> >
> > new SensirionSht11C() as TSensor in and take new DemoSensorC() as Sensor
> out.
> >
> > The other things are kept unchanged. When I run the SerialForwarder, I've
> always got 65535 for the readings.
> >
> > I have no clue what the 65535 means. Any suggestions would be great and
> thankful.
> >
> > I'm using TinyOS 2.x, Tmote Invent (as sensor), Tmote Sky (as base
> station), Windows XP & cygwin.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Ittipong

~Kevin