[Tinyos-help] Output Power levels CC2420

Rodolfo de Paz Alberola rodolfo.depaz at cit.ie
Wed Feb 27 06:15:09 PST 2008

Hi all,

I am extending a micaz software emulator to support CC2420 and testing
it with tinyos-2.x.

When dealing with the Output Power Levels that cc2420 support in the
TXCTRL.PA_LEVEL register, I found the problem that in data sheet they
don't indicate all dBm values for the different 32 values, the only
indicate the following:

PA_LEVEL	Pow (dBm)
31		0
27		-1
23		-3
19		-5
15		-7
11		-10
7		-15
3		-25

However using the cc2420 driver of tinyos-2.x I can set 32 different
values, so I would like to know what happend if somebody set a for
example PA_LEVEL = 21, which Pow(dBm) value should give the cc2420
radiochip? anybody has the completely correspondence between levels and
dBm? or even much better a equation to calculate them?

Any help would be appreciated,

------
Rodo