[Tinyos-help] Communication TOSSIM with one block of radio

Philip Levis pal at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 26 11:06:40 PST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 2:16 AM, joan.cesaribohigas at epfl.ch wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new in TinyOS and TOSSIM. I'm trying to implement a radio model
> for TOSSIM simulator. Concretly, radio model nrf2401. In TOSSIM for
> TinyOS 2.0 only the packet model for the simulations is
> implemented, I think.
>
> Someone can help me and tell me how TOSSIM core can communicates
> with radio models. I know that it's is posible, but I don't know
> how do it.
>
> Any information will be very well received, some file at that to
> look to be orientated, some list of instructions to communicate
> with the core, or some type of protocol to continuing for this
> purpose...
>
> If somebody can help me, I will be really grateful. Thanks in advance,

Have you read the original TOSSIM paper? While the actual components
in T2's TOSSIM are completely different, it follows the same
architecture.

Basically, you want to pick one of the simulation components and
replace it. TossimPacketModelC, for example. Then you just need to
write a component that has the same interface but different logic
beneath to realize that interface.

Phil