[Tinyos-help] Query about the application"High Frequency RSSI Sampling Application"!

Ruoshui Liu rl348 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 02:35:20 PST 2008

Dear all,

I saw an application called "High Frequency RSSI Sampling Application"
written by Phil Levis on the
webhttp://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/TinyOS_2.x_index_of_contributed_code#High_Frequency_RSSI_Sampling_Application.
I have a query about the purpose of writing this application for
measuring CC2420 RSSI readings. Is the RSSI value returned from the RSSI
field unreliable? If it is reliable for research measurement, what is
the point for writing another programme to retrieve RSSI value?

I also tried to read the RSSI register value, and compare it with the
values obtained from RSSI field. I found they were different, could
anyone help me with the explanation for this deviation please?

The TinyOS I am currently use is TinyOS 1.1.15.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Ruoshui Liu