[Tinyos-help] USB UART capacity

Bhavish Aggarwal bhavishaggarwal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:22:56 PST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to ascertain the maximum rate at which packets can be sent
from mote to PC via USB. I'm using the tinyos-2.0 BaseStation app on
both the sender mote and receiver mote. At the sender, I'm using
TestSerial to send packets via USB to the mote in a loop without any
sleep in between successive sends and without the ACK mechanism in
Packetizer.java.

Given that the mote to PC UART communication is "best effort", I would
expect the number of packets transferred to the PC to be equal to the
number of packets incoming from the radio at the receiver. But the
number of packets received on the PC (using the Listen app) is less
than the number of packets sent. What is the bottleneck in this case?

I would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Bhavish