[Tinyos-help] Collection trees for bi-directional communication

Omprakash Gnawali gnawali at usc.edu
Sat Feb 23 09:43:36 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Salvo Fiduccia <salvofid at libero.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I would make a multihop ping application using Collection components. Supposing that I have a 3 motes linear configuration ( BaseSt -- 1 -- 2 ), how I could make 2 different trees (one rooted at the base station and one at the node 2)? Should I set  both nodes as "root" (using only one CollectionC) and wire to different (using collection_id_t) Receive interface?
>

>  Thanks for any help,
>  Salvo

We haven't tried this but you will need two instances of Collection,
not one. In one instance, node 1 will be the root, and another
instance, node 2 will be the root. Then you will use the send/receive
interfaces from the appropriate instance of collection depending on
the sink to which you are sending messages.

- om_p