[Tinyos-help] Tinyos-2.x Beginner Help!

Nilesh Mishra nmishra at usc.edu
Fri Feb 22 02:53:12 PST 2008

I guess you are asking for windows so you need to install Cygwin. Open the
.bashrc file (type vi ~/.bashrc ) and there put the environment variables.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Ari Chinna <arichinna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.. I am a very beginner to tinyos and Tossim... While installing i found
> the following instructions
>
> *TinyOS 2.x*  *Environment Variable* *Windows* *Linux* TOSROOT
> /opt/tinyos-2.x same as in Cygwin  TOSDIR $TOSROOT/tos same as in Cygwin
> CLASSPATH C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-2.x\support\sdk\java\tinyos.jar;.
> $TOSROOT/support/sdk/java/tinyos.jar:.  MAKERULES
> $TOSROOT/support/make/Makerules same as in Cygwin  PATH†
> /opt/msp430/bin:$PATH same as in Cygwin *†Only necessary if you're using
> the MSP430 platform/tools.*
>
> Should i create environmental variables ( using right click option on 'my
> computer' icon) in the names os TOSROOT, TOSDIR, CLASSPATH, MAKERULES and
> PATH and add the values such  as  "/opt/tinyos-2.x" for TOSROOT ???
> Kindly reply... Your response is appreciated which will help me in
> stepping forward to learn tinyos. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nilesh

Nilesh Mishra
Embedded Networks Laboratory
University of Southern California,
3710 S. McClintock Avenue, Ronald Tutor Hall (RTH) 418
Los Angeles, CA 90089
mail: nmishra at usc.edu
nilesh.mishra at yahoo.co.in
nilmish at gmail.com