[Tinyos-help] Regarding ADC

Coalton Bennett cb322 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 21 11:49:57 PST 2008

I have been trying to get the ADC to work with the MDA300CA, and it
seems as though something is being sampled, but the values that I am
getting are wrong. We are sampling a 1.5V DC battery. We chose the
1.5V DC battery to test our application with because it has a constant
value, so in theory the values that are sampled should be constant as
well. We attached two wire leads one lead to the positive and the
other to the negative end of the battery. We fed the positive lead
into the the A0 ADC pin/channel, and the negative to the GND(ground)
pin. For some reason I am getting different values. As was mentioned
earlier this should be a constant value because it is a constant DC
source. Is there possibly something wrong with the setup? I don't
think so. If you think that it might be the code, which I highly
doubt, then I can provide that as well. Any help would be much
appreciated. Thank you.

Coalton Bennett