[Tinyos-help] Is this the same way to change the baud rate for Tmote Sky in tinyos-2.x?

Sikar Chan sikar.chan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:26:41 PST 2008

Hi all

I read and tried the following method to change the baud rate. But fail.
I tried this with the SerialForwarder in tinyos-2.x. But the file
".platform.properties" does not appear after step 3.
Even, I create the file and follow all the steps. The SerialForwarder
still does not work for 262144.

I would like to ask if this method is for tinyos-2.x - SerialForwarder?
Would you please give me some suggestions?

Thanks

http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Boomerang_Change_UART_Baud_Rate

"Increase the default baud rate.
 Compile TOSBase for another baud rate using the "baud" make extra.
For instance, you can compile and install TOSBase for 262144 baud like
this: make tmote baud,262144 install,1

 Set your TOS_PLATFORMS environment variable to specify the file used
by Serial Forwarder to override the default serial port specifications
for the various platforms export TOS_PLATFORMS="`cygpath -m
$HOME`/.platform.properties"

 To automatically generate the $TOS_PLATFORMS file if it does not yet
exist, run Serial Forwarder once then quitjava
net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder -no-gui
# Hit CTRL-C

 Edit the $TOS_PLATFORMS file and change the baud rate for tmote to
your new baud rate, for instance 262144tmote=telos,2,262144

 Run serial forwarder as normal, specifying the tmote platform to use
the new baud rate "

Regards
Sikar Chan