[Tinyos-help] LPL syncronization

Murray, Ben Ben.Murray at thalesgroup.com
Wed Feb 20 01:04:27 PST 2008

as far as I am aware LPL is asynchronous. The TEP is here:
http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-2.x/doc/html/tep105.html
and tutorials are here:
http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-2.x/doc/html/tutorial/

I have, however, read in the contrib about "synchronous" LPL (rincon)
http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/TinyOS_2.x_index_of_contributed_code#Rincon
_Enhanced_CC2420_Radio_Stack
...it appears to use a system of recording neighbour-schedules and times its
preambles such that they start just before it thinks the intended recipient
is to wake up, thus reducing the length of the preamble required (recipients
can ACK a unicast to stop the senders preamble continuing longer than
necessary).

If you find anything else useful wrt LPL-style synchronous stuff please
share!

Cheers
-Ben

> I have recently started working with TinyOS on the micaZ motes.  I am
> trying to implement the Low Power Listening that comes with
> TinyOS.  I
> just have a few questions on how it works.  What is the best way to
> determine the duty cycle for the LPL.  How do the motes stay
> synchronized?

the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may not be divulged to
any third party without the express permission of the originator.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Thales Research & Technology
(UK) Limited.