[Tinyos-help] help-need information about NetProg

Razvan Musaloiu-E. razvanm at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Feb 18 14:24:15 PST 2008

Hi!

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, vbhatia at ksu.edu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In the Deluge manual, it is specified that NetProg interface can be
> extended to reprogram the nodes based on their nodeid. Can somebody
> give me an insight on how to do that.
>
> What comes to my mind is that we can include the NetProg interface in
> the application itself and using a one shot timer, can call the
> ProgImageAndReboot(imgnum) command giving as an argument the image
> number of the image we want to reboot with.

I attached an example application that is using reboot() from the NetProg
interface. The application is blinking the red led ten times and then
reboots.

> But then the timer would be controlling and changing the application,
> not the user.

Instead of fired() from a Timer you can use the receive() from a Receive
(either from radio or serial).

> Is there a way where we can give a command from pc including image
> number and nodeid to a particular node and after receiving the command,
> invoke the ProgImageAndReboot(imgnum) command in the application
> itself.

You can take a look at DelugeManagerP from tos/lib/net/Deluge if you want
to see how Deluge is using the NetProg interface.

Note: I tested the example application using the git repository from here:
 	http://hinrg.cs.jhu.edu/git/deluge/tinyos-2.x.git

All the best!
Razvan ME