[Tinyos-help] Problems with TestSerial

Leena Ganguli lk_ganguli at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:18:36 PST 2008

Ok here's the output for successfully installing TestSerial onto the
mote (works with any other application that I have tested so far as
well):

ubuntu at ubuntu:/opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/tests/TestSerial$ make micaz install mib510,/dev/ttyUSB0

mkdir -p build/micaz

    compiling TestSerialAppC to a micaz binary

ncc -o build/micaz/main.exe -Os -finline-limit=100000 -Wall -Wshadow
-Wnesc-all -target=micaz -fnesc-cfile=build/micaz/app.c -board=micasb
-DIDENT_PROGRAM_NAME=\"TestSerialAppC\" -DIDENT_USER_ID=\"ubuntu\"
-DIDENT_HOSTNAME=\"ubuntu\" -DIDENT_USER_HASH=0xf67b89f7L
-DIDENT_UNIX_TIME=0x47b962e9L -DIDENT_UID_HASH=0x36a57241L
-fnesc-dump=wiring -fnesc-dump='interfaces(!abstract())'
-fnesc-dump='referenced(interfacedefs, components)'
-fnesc-dumpfile=build/micaz/wiring-check.xml TestSerialAppC.nc -lm

    compiled TestSerialAppC to build/micaz/main.exe

            5908 bytes in ROM

             262 bytes in RAM

avr-objcopy --output-target=srec build/micaz/main.exe build/micaz/main.srec

avr-objcopy --output-target=ihex build/micaz/main.exe build/micaz/main.ihex

    writing TOS image

cp build/micaz/main.srec build/micaz/main.srec.out

    installing micaz binary using mib510

uisp -dprog=mib510 -dserial=/dev/ttyUSB0 --wr_fuse_h=0xd9
-dpart=ATmega128 --wr_fuse_e=ff  --erase --upload
if=build/micaz/main.srec.out

Firmware Version: 2.1

Atmel AVR ATmega128 is found.

Uploading: flash

Fuse High Byte set to 0xd9

Fuse Extended Byte set to 0xff

rm -f build/micaz/main.exe.out build/micaz/main.srec.out

Here's the errors I get when typing in the java command (the USB port is the same)

ubuntu at ubuntu:/opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/tests/TestSerial$ java net.tinyos.tools.Listen -comm serial@/dev/ttyUSB0/:micaz

Error on serial@/dev/ttyUSB0/:57600: java.io.IOException: Could not
open /dev/ttyUSB0/: TOSComm JNI library runtime error: open: Not a
directory

here's the errors I get with the serial@ command (again, same USB port):

ubuntu at ubuntu:/opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/tests/TestSerial$ serial@/dev/ttyUSB0:micaz

bash: serial@/dev/ttyUSB0:micaz: No such file or directory

I suppose I'm too new to this so I haven't the faintest idea where I'm going wrong

and I am unable to follow the Mote-PC tutorial due to this, however this remains the same even if I use

 sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB0

Leena Kowser Ganguli

Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=EXT