[Tinyos-help] re: GPS module of MTS420 not working

Nikhil Singhal nikhil.singhal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:55:21 PST 2008

Thanks! I do have the new MTS420CC board. I downloaded the drivers from the
link you sent. I have a question though: Do I need to load the /opt/tinyos-
1.x/contrib/xbow/apps/XSensorMTS400 app or the
/opt/tinyos-1.x/contrib/xbow/apps/xmesh/XMTS420CC
app? I get a ton of compile errors when I try to compile the xmesh one, and
the XSensor one still doesn't give me GPS data when I use XListen. I did
change the SENSORBOARD variable in the XSensor makefile to  mts420cc. Is it
possible that I'm using an  old version of  TinyOS, or am I doing something
incorrectly? This is the output I get:

[2008/02/15 23:35:46]
MTS420 [sensor data converted to engineering units]:
   health:       node id = 2
   battery:              = 3278 mv
   humidity:             = 28 %
   Temperature:          = 26 degC
   IntersemaTemperature: = -78 degC
   IntersemaPressure:    = -402 mbar
   Light:                = 0.192361 lux
   X-axis Accel:         = 533.333333 mg
   Y-axis Accel:         = 96.446701 mg

[2008/02/15 23:36:06]
MTS420 [sensor data converted to engineering units]:
   health:       node id = 2
   battery:              = 3278 mv
   humidity:             = 28 %
   Temperature:          = 26 degC