[Tinyos-help] re: GPS module of MTS420 not working

Giri Baleri mbaleri at xbow.com
Fri Feb 15 08:36:46 PST 2008

Do you know if you are using MTS420CA/CB or MTS420CC? The latter has a
uBlox GPS receiver and requires newer GPS drivers. These are available
in MoteWorks and an update has been posted to our knowledgebase.
http://www.xbow.com/Support/wobjectDetail.aspx?id=50160000000KuHhAAK&typ
e=Solution&page=0

If you try to use older GPS drivers with the new MTS420CC, you might not
get GPS data.

If you believe that you have the older board and are using compatible
older drivers, please check your GPS antenna connections and make sure
that it is placed outdoors with optimal sky visibility.

I hope that helps,
Giri