[Tinyos-help] re: GPS module of MTS420 not working

Nikhil Singhal nikhil.singhal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 01:38:04 PST 2008

Hi all

In my previous message, I had mentioned that I was using XListen with a
CrossBow MTS420 mote and wasn't getting any output on the screen. As it
turns out, my sensor board was faulty. I'm using another one now, and I get
readings from all the other sensors, but nothing from the GPS. I have
installed the XSensorMTS400 app on the board, and am using TinyOS 1.x. This
is the output I get:

[2008/02/15 04:31:31]
error: no packet handler for tos type 0x0a
[2008/02/15 04:31:31]
MTS420 [sensor data converted to engineering units]:
   health:       node id = 2
   battery:              = 3278 mv
   humidity:             = 28 %
   Temperature:          = 25 degC
   IntersemaTemperature: = 24 degC
   IntersemaPressure:    = 1011 mbar
   Light:                = 4.600000 lux
   X-axis Accel:         = 616.666667 mg
   Y-axis Accel:         = 116.751269 mg

I'm guessing that the line "error: no packet handler for tos type 0x0a"
might be the problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be
highly appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Nikhil Singhal