[Tinyos-help] CC2420 setRFPower

Kevin Klues klueska at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:06:02 PST 2008

The RF power setting is stored in the metadata of the message_t struct
and only gets changed via a call to setRFPower() on that particular
message_t struct.  As long as you use the same struct and just fill in
the payload bytes differently each time you send a new message, you
only need to call setRFPower() once.

Kevin

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Dimas Abreu Dutra <d1ma5ad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The problem is that setPower should be done for each packet. The older
> setRFPower is for all messages sent over the radio. It is easier then
> keeping track of every place that sends, and also works for the messages
> sent on disseminations, collections and deluge (I believe). Using
> CC2420Packet.setPower to change the power of those messages would require
> unnecessary and error-prone hackings.
>
> ~Dimas~
>
> 2008/2/13, Razvan Musaloiu-E. <razvanm at cs.jhu.edu>:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Take a loot at tos/chips/cc2420/interfaces/CC2420Packet.nc. The interface
> > is offered by CC2420ActiveMessageC.nc. :-)
> >

> > On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Dimas Abreu Dutra wrote:
> >
> > > Is there an alternative to using the  CC2420Packet.setPower command on
> every
> > > packet sent?

~Kevin