[Tinyos-help] GPS module of MTS420 not working

Nikhil Singhal nikhil.singhal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:41:52 PST 2008

Hi all

I have a CrossBow MTS420 board with the GPS module, and am running
tinyos-1.x. I installed the XSensorMTS400
(/opt/tinyos-1.x/contrib/xbow/apps/XSensorMTS400)
app on the mote, which is connected to my PC through a serial port. I then
ran the XListen application , but I'm not getting any output. I did
uncomment the #define MTS420 line. I also commented out the #define
FEATURE_GPS_ONLY line in order to get readings from all sensors. However,
the XListen app shows no output. This is all I see:

$ ./xlisten -s=/dev/ttyUSB0
xlisten Ver:$Id: xlisten.c,v 1.17 2004/11/18 04:45:10 mturon Exp $
Using params:
/dev/ttyUSB0 input stream opened

Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly? Or what step I missed?

Thanks!

--
Nikhil