Fwd: [Tinyos-help] TOS_Msg length is invalid

Juan José Roncero estaborn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:31:09 PST 2008

I tried -comm serial@/dev/ttyS0:mica2 and It works perfectly!!
Thank you very much

Under T1 at least the micaz message that comes over the serial line
has been converted to a mica2 format by TOSBase.  This puts the header
fields in the 'wrong' places. Try -comm serial@/dev/ttyS0:mica2
or setting the MOTECOM env variable like that.

might work...
MS

Juan José Roncero wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I´m working with micaz motes and tinyos-1.x. I´trying to connect them to
> a middleware application through Serial Forwarder tool but it outputs
> some errors:
>
> TOS_Msg length is invalid: header_lenght=265, real_lenght=9 modifying
> msg to fit
> Received message: FF FF 04 7D 04 00 01 00 01
>
> I always run SerialForwarder with this command: java
> net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder -comm serial@/dev/ttyS0
>
> My micaz application was implemented before to being used under
> Moteworks (windows), but I need to use it under xubunTOS. Is that
possible?

> In addition, I`ve tried to use another default application (CountRadio)
> but it outputs the same error.
> I think it could be a problem with tinyos-1.x configuration, couldn´t it?
>
> Please, can someone help me?
>
> Thanks

Platform: WinXP/Cygwin
TinyOS version: 1.x, Boomerang